Wednesday, November 17, 2010

About Me...

I am a software engineer living in Sri Lanka, a beautiful South Asian Island. My full name is Parana Widanaralalage Dileepa Chiranthana Jayathilake; just to show how descriptive Sri Lankans are in using symbols. I was born in a beautiful small village located in the southern coastal part of the island where I spent the first ten years of my life. I had my primary education in Devananda Vidyalaya in Ambalangoda. Then I moved to Colombo which is the economic and political center of the country for my secondary education. There I attended to Nalanda Vidyalaya. I did well in the GCE advanced level examination (which may be the most competitive examination in the world – only the best 2% gets selected for government-funded university education) to be placed the 5th in the island. It opened me the path to the best engineering academy in Sri Lanka, University of Moratuwa.  After being graduated as a computer engineer I entered the software industry where I have been doing stuff for past 7 years.
As a student, math was my first love, and you know, the first love is special. Though I do not get much math stuff in my current professional life I still have a hard on for it. I am a bit worried that current day software engineering is too distant from computer science where math plays a major role. I love low level programming, algorithm tuning and formal software design where I can at least do something like math. I am pretty much interested on computer languages and natural languages too. I have done some work in these areas which I will be explaining in this blog later on.
In the spare time I love to do gymming, dancing and swimming..and I put my best effort to do them regularly. I like to enjoy with friends occasionally (well, this word is subjective) and sometimes find myself trying to go to extremes on those occasions. Apart from that, I enjoy reading short stories, novels and poems and watching stage plays, operas and movies. My favourite author is Franz Kafka and the local best is Ajith Thilakasena. I enjoy reading Nishshanka Wijemanna, Samara Wijesinghe and many others too. I have my taste on David Lynch, David Cronenberg, krzysztof Kieslowski type directors’ movies. The best ones I have watched (well, there are quite a lot) are Mulholand Drive, Lost Highway, M-Butterfly, Crash and Blue. 

2 comments:

  1. I have better photo for this, if you need ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. He he..I can guess what sort of a photo you got. But wonder exactly which one. Email it to me if possible.

    ReplyDelete